POSTING: Long Term Substitute Lower School First Grade Classroom TeacherOverview of the Position
POSTING: Full-time 7th grade Humanities Teacher (Long-term Substitute)
Candidates should be prepared to deliver a rigorous and progressive World Civilizations and World Literature program--and be able to teach writing in an integrated immersive fashion. Candidates must be fluent in progressive educational theory and practices, be culturally competent, and have at least two years of exemplary classroom teaching experience. Candidates must have a working understanding of developmental/constructivist teaching practices and social-emotional learning. They will be able to successfully instruct and differentiate for students at different ability levels and multiple intelligences. A valid teaching credential is strongly desired. We are seeking candidates who have a nurturing and supportive tone with students, and experience with collaborative teaching. The hiring process will include a demonstration lesson and interview with a hiring committee.
We seek a dynamic teacher who can infuse lessons with energy and joy, inspire a passion for learning, and anchor curriculum in meaningful contexts for deep understanding. Candidates must be able to successfully differentiate their lessons for students with a range of ability levels and multiple intelligences. The Humanities teacher will establish and maintain a healthy and mutually respectful learning environment. Candidates should have a proven track record of successfully working as a member of a teaching team and communicating effectively and collaboratively with staff and parents.
Candidates should be prepared to spend additional time getting to know and help students outside of the classroom. In addition to their classroom responsibilities, Park Day School teachers take a share of other departmental, committee, and general school responsibilities, most of them during the 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. school day. Teachers thrive at Park Day School when they partake in the opportunities offered by a rich co-curricular program and a tightly knit, diverse community.
Write your full name and "Humanities" in the subject line. Please do not send a fax or a paper copy. For more information about our school, visit our website at www.parkdayschool.org.
POSTING: After School Activities Program Staff (ASAP) Member (January-June)
POSTING: Senior Staff Accountant
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate is preferred to have a 4-year bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in non-profit accounting. Preference will be given to a candidate with experience in MIP fund accounting system in a similar role at an independent school. Experience in AP & Payroll, strong interpersonal and communication skills with other employees and parents, and an excellent working experience in MS Excel and other MS office applications are also important for the job.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
GENERAL ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL REPORTING
1. Responsible for accounts payable & payroll;
2. Preparing monthly financial statements, including variance analysis;
3. Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financial information and general accounting operations;
4. Preparing GL and Bank account reconciliations on a monthly basis and quarterly closing;
5. Ensuring timely, accurate payment of debt service;
6. Preparation and monitoring of departmental budgets and forecasts working with other administrators concerning budget performance;
7. Maintain appropriate files of school’s legal contracts, financial aid files, donor files, banking, and vendor payment files
1. Managing all accounts payable.
2. Maintaining daily cash balances and review reports from bank;
3. Providing weekly cash reports to DFO.
1. AP reconciliation and closing, preparation of schedules and work papers for annual audit (school and 403b plan).
2. Coordinate annual audit, and ensure timely and accurate filing of Form 990 tax returns, W-2s, 1098, 1099s, and 940/941, 5500.
3. Maintaining permanent office files for all audit schedules prepared by school.
SURVEYS AND PEER REPORTING
1. Preparing all periodic surveys and reports for the school’s trade organizations (e.g. , NAIS, ISBOA and CAIS)
2. Preparing other similar data as requested
1. Other miscellaneous tasks as may be assigned in support of the DFO.
2. Requires strong interaction with all Staff in the School.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Victoria Jones (Office Associate) at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please. This is a full-time, year-round, benefited position. Benefits include but are not limited to; health and dental insurance, STD/LTD, tuition remission. Only applicants to be invited for an interview will be contacted. PDS is an EEO employer and follows all applicable employment laws.
PDS is an EEO employer and follows all applicable employment laws.