POSTING: East Bay Mini Maker Faire Coordinator
Overview of the Position
Working with the Volunteer and Events Coordinator and the Development Office, this position will be the lead coordinator for the Park Day East Bay Mini Maker Faire taking place October 22, 2017. This one-day event is attended by 6,000-8,000 people annually, and includes more than 120 booths, vendors and activities. The EBMMF Coordinator will take the lead on all aspects of planning, permitting, communications, logistics and operations to bring the event to life, leading a team of 40-50 parent volunteers, securing in-kind donations, and supporting the Development Director in securing corporate sponsorships, and other duties as assigned.
The East Bay Mini Maker Faire
- Logistics including permits, rentals, insurance, 1099s for cash payments etc.
- Generating and producing school-wide communication.Identifying volunteers for major tasks and then coordinating them (Volunteer Coordinator, Area Managers, Logistics, Eventbrite and ticket manager)
- Maker Relations: Call for Makers, follow up communications, building relationships with maker community, giving back to the maker community in the form of lunches, party, opportunities for strategic relationships (for example, a meeting with Arts Board Of Oakland, etc.)
- Outreach to community stakeholders including public schools, community centers, area places of worship and other youth serving organizations.
- Content for marketing message and market event via press releases, online and print advertising, grass roots marketing, and PSAs.
- Donor/sponsor acknowledgement and stewardship.
Requirements and Qualifications
Event planning and operations,, donor and volunteer relations, special event experience, marketing and computer skills are necessary. Excellent communication and organizational skills essential. Bachelor’s degree with at least two years related experience. We are seeking excellent communicators with high levels of empathy who have experience collaborating closely with colleagues and clients. This is an annual, seasonal position.
The schedule will require a weekly commitment of 10-20 hours during June, July and August; a weekly requirement of 20-30 hours in September and October; and 5-10 hours per week in November. This includes occasional weekend and evening hours to manage volunteer group activities, committee meetings and events to benefit the organization.
How to Apply
E-mail cover letter and resume (subject: EBMMF Coordinator) with at least 2 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please do not send a fax or a paper copy.