Thank you for your interest in Park Day School! We look forward to getting to know your family.
Step 1 – Request Information
Submit an online inquiry to let us know you are interested in learning more about Park Day School, or sign up to visit campus below. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.653.0317 x101.
Step 2 – Visit CampusParent/Guardian ToursOpen Houses
- Sign up for a Lower School (K-5) Open House. Children ages 4+ participate in fun kid-programming with members of our staff while parents/guardians attend mini-classes.
- Sign up for a Middle School (6th-8th) Open House. Students participate in games and projects while parents/guardians attend mini-classes.
Register for other events including parent mixers, parent education seminars with current families, and financial aid seminar.
Step 3 – Complete the online applicationApply now! Applications are due by January 19, 2018. Current Park Day School families with sibling applicants, and faculty or staff with children applying to school should return the completed application by December 1, 2017. We require a complete application (including school forms) before scheduling your child’s visit and learning assessment. All sections of the application can be accessed through the application portal and are also downloadable below.
Step 4 -- Confirm Teacher Recommendations & Transcripts
- Complete the Park Day School Application to help us learn about your child (K-8 applicants)
- Application Fee ($65 before Dec 1, 2017; $85 thereafter)
- Preschool Teacher Recommendation (K applicants only) please distribute to your child’s teacher. You can also email your teacher an electronic form through the "Action Items" page when you login to complete the Park Day School Application.
- Teacher recommendation (one for grade 1-6 applicants, two for grade 7-8 applicants;) please distribute to your child’s teacher. You can also email your teacher an electronic form through the "Action Items" page when you login to complete the Park Day School Application.
- Transcript Release Form Transcript release form (grade 1-8 applicants). You are also encouraged to upload transcripts directly when you login to compete the Park Day School Application. This helps us process your application more quickly while we wait for the official transcripts to arrive.
- Student visit and assessment (see Step 5 below)
- If you intend to apply for Financial Assistance, applications must be completed through SSS (our school code is 5669), and are due, separately from your application for admission, by January 19, 2018 for new students, and by December 4, 2017 for returning families. SSS opens for applications on October 2, 2017. Please be sure to complete and submit the Financial Assistance Supplemental Questionnaire through SSS along with all other required information.
Your child’s current teachers/school may need a gentle reminder to complete and send in the recommendation form (all applicants) and transcript (1-8 applicants) by the January 19, 2018 deadline. Sign in to review your child’s application status prior to the deadline and confirm that your child’s forms have been received by Park Day. If not, please follow-up with your child’s current teachers/school.
Step 5 -- Student VisitUpon receipt of your complete application (including school forms), Park Day School will contact you to schedule your child’s visit. Assessments help us observe students in a group setting and are only one aspect of our admission process. We know that being in a new place, surrounded by new people can be challenging for some. Our teachers and learning specialists are expertly trained to facilitate these visits. Learn more about the student visit and available dates.
Step 6 -- Admission Decisions Notification
Park Day will send admission decisions on Friday, March 16, 2018. Tuition information for the 2018-19 school year will be included in the acceptance packets. Families who have applied for financial assistance will be notified of any financial assistance allocation at the same time they receive their offer of admission.
Step 7 -- Enroll in Park Day School
To enroll, families must return their signed enrollment contract and the required deposit no later than 10:00 AM on Friday March 23, 2018. We know that choosing a school is a monumental decision, and are here to support you every step of the way.